LeadingAge Action Alert: New Coronavirus Stimulus Legislation Must Provide Resources for Aging Service Providers
Congress is working quickly to draft and pass a new coronavirus stimulus bill. This legislation must include strong support for aging services providers. Urge Congress to include LeadingAge priority provisions in this bill today!
Ask your senators and representative to support aging services by:
- Giving priority access to personal protective equipment for home health workers, hospice workers, adult day and PACE employees, and HUD-assisted housing staff as well as nursing homes, assisted living, and hospitals.
- Addressing the need for child care for aging services (housing, healthcare providers, etc.) employees who must go to work.
- Ensuring that our entire continuum, including home health, hospice, and nursing homes, have the ability to provide virtual visits via telehealth (including the telephone) during the crisis and that hospice and home health face-to-face recertifications can be done via telehealth.
- Including emergency supplemental funding for HUD-assisted housing communities to meet COVID-19 costs. This includes emergency response, staffing, and making up for reduced rents from residents, while continuing to provide quality affordable housing.
- Adding emergency supplemental funding to support a Service Coordinator in every HUD Section 202 community, to help residents navigate emergency response and preparedness and to access critical care and community resources.
- Providing emergency housing assistance for older adults experiencing homelessness or who are struggling to pay their rent or mortgage.
The above asks are a partial list of LeadingAge’s advocacy. View LeadingAge’s complete list of emergency resources and relief.
Act now by emailing your elected officials. Congress will take emergency action soon and your voice needs to be heard today!
Join Our Mailing LIst