Become an Individual Member
About the Membership
Our Corporate Members have benefited from ready access to CHHSM’s programs and services for years. Whether it is the area of leadership development; marketing and communications; organizational development; management, administration or operations; theological reflection; social media; governance education; or business development – CHHSM’s consultants, Board and Staff are prepared to share their expertise wherever you are.
Individuals who may no longer have a direct connection within a Member organization, through our leadership initiatives, or by way of some other ministry intersection could also benefit from these competencies and expertise.
- Cost – Individual Memberships can be purchased for one year for $100 or a three-year membership for $250. You may also purchase memberships for co-workers, friends or family members.
- Voting Rights – While all Members are welcome to attend the CHHSM Annual Gathering and Annual Business Meeting, and have a voice to speak or ask questions, voting privileges are reserved for Corporate Members.
- Application – Membership is subject to completion of the Individual Membership Application form and approval by CHHSM. Membership can be revoked by CHHSM for just cause at any time. Individual Membership cannot be substituted for Corporate Membership.
Your CHHSM Individual Membership is 100% tax deductible.
Benefits for Individual Members in good standing include:
- Receipt of our monthly e-newsletter, Diakonie, and the opportunity to contribute educational articles in your area of expertise through our Member-only CHHSM writers group.
- Attendance at the CHHSM Annual Gathering at the Member exclusive rate (a savings of $100). CHHSM’s largest event provides opportunities to attend education sessions as well as time for renewal and networking. It is also where we conduct our annual business meeting of the corporation.
- Nollau Leadership Institute at the Member exclusive rate (a savings of $100). CHHSM’s year-long leadership formation program offers didactic and experiential learning in three retreats and a series of monthly calls and reading/writing assignments. The program focuses on the Theology, Philosophy and Practice of Leadership. Individual Members may register at the Member rate (a savings of $100).
- Nollau To You – Members are eligible to participate in CHHSM’s Nollau To You one-day leadership formation retreat program at the Member-exclusive rate (the amount of savings depends on the location). Nollau To You is an introduction to the concept and tools of Servant Leadership; encourages consideration of means to incorporate these ideas in your day-to-day work; and focuses on your personal and organizational mission, vision and values.
- Collegial relationships that enable personal consultation with CHHSM colleagues about enhancing self-care, problem-solving, best practices, conflict resolution and program development.
- Informing, and being informed by, CHHSM and the United Church of Christ’s advocacy and public policy positions on critical social, ethical and regulatory issues in health and human services.
- Devising strategies with colleagues to enhance church relationships and expand awareness of our common mission at all levels of the United Church of Christ and the wider Church. Access to CHHSM print resources at Member costs.
- Access to CHHSM Store’s Employee Perks program, our group purchasing plan that offers significant discounts on a wide variety of products and programs. This service includes phone service, auto rental, paint, appliances, vacation travel and much more. There is no limit to the potential savings!
- Participating in meaningful dialogue about integrating faith and organizational life at CHHSM’s Affinity Group meetings. These regional and service sector specific gatherings are led by CHHSM Members and take place all across the country on a regular basis.
- Access to CHHSM’s resources including Member-exclusive content and webinars, partnerships in technology solutions, marketing/communications and the Consultants Network.
- Eligibility to contract for discounted executive search services.
- Access to CHHSM’s online Vocational Opportunities Listing for reading and posting job announcements to reach a national audience.
- Being part of an intentional community of colleagues who share values and a vocational calling to advance the healing and service ministry of Jesus Christ.
Access to or eligibility to participate in:
- UCC Cornerstone Fund, which offers the ability to invest at extraordinary rates, including access to their CHHSM Bonus Builder program.
- Free planned giving services through CHHSM’s partnership with the United Church Funds Financial Development Ministry.
- UCC-related leadership trainings across the country.
For additional information, reach CHHSM at chhsm.org/contact.