CHHSM Advocacy Center
The United Church of Christ’s Council for Health and Human Service Ministries (CHHSM) and Justice and Witness Ministries (JWM) have partnered together to bring you this advocacy toolkit for the November 2020 election.
The advocacy issues raised here stem from the variety of services CHHSM organizations provide across the country. They were also topics CHHSM’s board voted on to guide the organization in how to ‘be a voice’ for social justice. Each month from January-September 2020, a new advocacy issue will be added to the toolkit:
- January - Health Care for All
- February - Affordable Housing & Homelessness
- March - Reproductive Health Care
- April - Children, Youth, and Families Services
- May - Services to Older Adults
- June - Food Insecurity
- July - Services to Persons with Disabilities
- August - Health Care Access
- September - Mental Health & Substance Use
We recognize that this is not an all-inclusive list of the many advocacy areas within health and human services, yet we hope it will provide insight into the range of efforts important to the UCC.