Benefits of Membership
Members benefit from ready access to CHHSM’s professional staff whose competencies include marketing, organizational analysis, management, theological reflection, communications, social media and business development.
CHHSM provides member services in three strategic areas:
Forming Leaders – nurturing leaders whose understanding of vocation integrates faith, theology, ethics and social conscience for health and human service through CHHSM’s groundbreaking leadership formation program -- The Nollau Institute; staff development and program consultation services; strengthening collegial relations.
Celebrating Heritage – lifting up CHHSM member ministries as historic and visionary; celebrating our identity as valued United Church of Christ ministries; strengthening relations with all settings of the church; honoring leaders whose personal and professional commitment has continued the legacy of service exemplified by CHHSM ministries.
Resourcing Ministries – providing governance and management education; purchasing discounts and employee benefit programs; marketing and communications consultation; investment and planned giving services; access to UCC health, dental, mental health, substance abuse and prescription drug coverage.
Additional benefits for CHHSM members in good standing include:
- Being part of an intimate community of colleagues who share values and a vocational calling to advance the healing and service ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Receipt of our monthly e-newsletter – Diakonie.
- Collegial relationships that enable personal consultation with CHHSM colleagues about enhancing self-care, problem-solving, best practices, conflict resolution and programmatic development.
- Connection to CHHSM’s network of health and human service public policy advocacy organizations and resources.
- Informing, and being informed by, the United Church of Christ’s public policy positions on critical social, ethical and regulatory issues in health and human services.
- Devising strategies with colleagues to enhance church relationships and expand awareness of our common mission at all levels of the United Church of Christ.
- CHHSM Annual Meeting - providing opportunities for rest, renewal and networking. All CHHSM members in good standing have two voting delegates at the CHHSM Annual Meeting.
- Listing in United Church of Christ (UCC) Yearbook.
- Listing in CHHSM’s cross-referenced, on-line directory of UCC-related service providers at chhsm.org, inclusion of a link to your ministry’s website, and easy updating.
- Using the creative resources and networking capacities of CHHSM to expand awareness of, and support for, your ministry.
- The opportunity to share stories of your ministry with a nationwide audience through our monthly e-newsletter.
- The opportunity to share images and stories of your ministry with an international online audience through CHHSM’s Facebook page, Twitter feed (@CHHSM), and Instagram page (chhsm_ucc).
- Inclusion under the Church’s federal non-profit tax exemption, qualifying your ministry for “Church Plan.”
- Access to CHHSM Store, our group purchasing plan that offers significant savings on a wide variety of products and special discount programs for employees of your ministry.
- Participating in meaningful dialogue about integrating faith and organizational life.
- Access to CHHSM’s electronic resources including access to electronic version of the UCC Yearbook, webinar platform, and partnerships in technology solutions.
- Access to CHHSM’s Consultant’s Network.
- Opportunity for development of relationships that enable personal consultation with CHHSM colleagues about enhancing self-care, problem-solving, best practices, conflict resolution and programmatic development.
- The Nollau Institute - members are eligible to participate in CHHSM’s leadership formation program, our specialized program for faith-based servant leaders. Graduates qualify for consecration as CHHSM Diakonal Ministers and participation in CHHSM’s Diakonal Minister Community.
- CHHSM’s customized consultation for staff and program development and governance education.
- Eligibility to contract for discounted executive search service.
- Access to CHHSM’s online Vocations Opportunities Listing for posting job announcements to reach a national audience.
Access to or eligibility to participate in:
- CHHSM Health – affordable, comprehensive health care, dental care, mental health & substance abuse services, and pharmaceutical services (offered in covenant with the Pension Boards UCC).
- Investment services of United Church Funds (UCF), a CHHSM Covenantal Partner.
- Excellent property and casualty insurance management services of the nonprofit Insurance Board established by UCC Conferences.
- Eligibility to participate in retirement / pension accumulation plans with the Pension Boards UCC.
- UCC Cornerstone Fund – Ability to borrow from or invest at extraordinary rates, including access to their CHHSM Strength Builder program.
- Free planned giving services through CHHSM’s covenantal partnership with the UCC Financial Development Ministry.
- Church Building and Loan Fund (CB&LF) Whether you’re looking to buy or renovate church property, or need assistance with the planning process, CB&LF provides the support to carry out your mission through financing, fundraising and investing options.
For additional information, contact the CHHSM Office at 866-822-8224 Ext. 2250.