Lake Prince Woods’ Capital Campaign Exceeds Goal Set for Community’s New Construction and Improvements
Lake Prince Woods, an EveryAge continuing care retirement community in Suffolk, Va., recently completed its capital campaign to update wellness-enhancing amenities and memory care services on campus. Coinciding with Lake Prince Woods’ 20th anniversary in 2022, the campaign’s goal was $1 million, and the campaign raised $1,467,047, or 47 percent more than the goal. The 102 gifts committed ranged from $25 to $469,028.
The campaign will support the funding of a new Wellness Center, renovations to the community’s Commons area, and will enhance resident services with a Memory Care and Assisted Living project.
The first phase of the project will include the Wellness Center and upgrades to the main Commons area, and the groundbreaking is anticipated to take place in early Fall 2022. The total cost of this phase of the project is anticipated to be in the range of $13.5 million.
The Wellness Center will offer:
- Dedicated areas for wellness and fitness
- Art studio and classroom space
- More and larger spaces to gather with the community
- Spaces for bridge and other activities
- Space for Bible study and book clubs
- Salon and massage space
- A place to entertain family and friends
- Improved accessibility
The Commons renovation will:
- Upgrade the main auditorium/gathering space and provide better audio-visual capabilities
- Add a pub-style billiards room and lounge
- Improve wayfinding and increase covered space at the entrance and between buildings
The second phase of the project, whose anticipated start date has not yet been determined, will be the Memory Care and Assisted Living project.
“With this campaign, we’re delighted to have far exceeded our goal in helping the community achieve an ever-richer balance of mind, body, and spirit,” said Nancy Beard, CFRE, president of the EveryAge Foundation. “Our residents defy aging stereotypes as they grow in knowledge, intellectual interests, and physical abilities, and as they deepen their relationships with each other and their surroundings. With this milestone commitment, we are ensuring that the environment and services we provide will nurture their lives, health, and contentment well into the future.”
Join Our Mailing LIst