CHHSM Webinar to Address Employee Recruitment and Retention in Healthcare
CHHSM is again partnering with Care Purchasing Services (CPS) — the group purchasing agent behind the CHHSM Store — to bring CHHSM members and friends an informative webinar on employee recruitment and retention. Scheduled for Sept. 21 at 2 p.m., the free, one-hour webinar features two leading experts in the field of healthcare-related recruitment and retention.
Part 1 Recruitment and Retention Strategies: Staying Ahead of the Competition
The first half of the webinar will be presented by Julie Osborne, director of recruitment for LeaderStat, a national staffing and leadership resource for healthcare organizations across the United States. Osborne, who holds a B.S. degree in occupational therapy from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio, has been in health care for more than 20 years, including in such positions as director of rehab services in acute care and a senior recruiting consultant for various healthcare focused executive search firms. She will cover four important topics:
- An introduction to LeaderStat and its services
- “Looking beyond the job board” — a review of online platforms in order to prioritize where your organization needs a strong digital presence to reach candidates
- Reputation management — why it matters
- Tops for creating a robust onboarding experience, plus strategies to increase employee satisfaction in order to increase employee retention.
Part 2 Onboarding Employees to Ensure Retention: Hiring, Retention, and Training
The second half of the webinar feature Vince Baiera of Relias Learning, which uses performance metrics and assessments to reveal gaps in clinical knowledge and addresses them with personalized, engaging learning programs. Baiera, formerly a cardiothoracic ICU nurse with the Cleveland Clinic and Duke University Hospital, is co-author of The Nurse’s Guide to Innovation, a collaboration by nurses to teach nurses how to develop and launch business and/or product ideas. He also is the founder of step2health, which offers proprietary assist devices for older adults to help them reduce their risk of falls and age in place. His topics of discussion will include:
- The unique traits of working in acute/post-acute care spaces
- Why employees leave or stay in their positions
- How to hire staff better suited for your healthcare facility
- How to engage employees effectively
- Low-cost perks to improve employee satisfaction.
Join Our Mailing LIst