Advocate Aurora Health Joins National #MaskUp Campaign
Advocate Aurora Health has joined the national #MaskUp campaign, encouraging Americans to help stop the spread of COVID-19 by following clear and scientifically proven safety guidelines.
The organization joins more than 100 health systems representing thousands of hospitals, among them some of the most trusted in the nation, in a plea to the public to wear a mask in order to save lives.
“As we approach the availability of a vaccine, it is important to understand that it will take time to reach meaningful immunization to effectively put an end to the pandemic. This is why it is critically important that we remain vigilant with masking, especially as a surge in cases has the potential to overwhelm hospitals,” says Dr. Gary Stuck, chief medical officer of Advocate Aurora Health. “We know what works: Keep your distance from others, avoid gatherings, wash your hands and wear a mask.”
The CDC points to recent studies that have shown face masks successfully limit spread of the COVID-19 virus, protecting those who wear them as well as those nearby.
Visit everymaskup.com to learn more about the campaign.
About Advocate Aurora Safe Care Promise
Health and safety is Advocate Aurora’s highest priority. Its Advocate Aurora Safe Care Promise provides additional measures to protect patients and our team members. In person or online, we are here to ensure safe, comfortable and convenient care, and have taken additional measures to protect patients and their families, including:
- Masking – Ensuring anyone who enters our locations is wearing a mask. If they don’t have one, we’ll gladly provide it.
- Screening – Taking the temperature and asking questions about symptoms and exposure to everyone who enters our locations.
- Social distancing – Rearranging our waiting areas and staggering appointment times to reduce traffic and create safe spaces.
- Virtual check-in – Facilitating check-ins with digital devices for seamless, low-contact arrivals.
- Enhanced Cleaning – Adding additional cleaning precautions in all areas and added handwashing/sanitizer stations.
Join Our Mailing LIst