Advocate Aurora Health Hospitals Named to Best Hospitals for Maternity Care List
The recognition demonstrates the health system’s strong commitment to helping new families live well and team members’ laser focus on providing safe, high-quality maternity and perinatal care.
Advocate Aurora Health hospitals recognized as high performing include:
- Aurora BayCare Medical Center
- Aurora Medical Center – Oshkosh
- Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center
- Aurora Medical Center – Summit
- Aurora West Allis Medical Center
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center
- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Advocate Good Shepherd Medical Center
- Advocate Sherman Hospital
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran Hospital
- Advocate Christ Medical Center
- Advocate Trinity Hospital
The Best Hospitals for Maternity evaluation looks at hospital data relating to only uncomplicated pregnancies not high-risk pregnancies. It reviews five factors: scheduled early deliveries, C-section rates in low-risk women, newborn complications, rate of exclusive breast milk feeding and option for vaginal births after cesarean according to the magazine. Participating hospital profiles also include a variety of relevant information on services and amenities, like private rooms, valet parking and availability of child birthing classes.
“Hospitals that performed well had fewer newborn complications, fewer early deliveries and fewer C-sections compared to other hospitals across the nation. Out of 2,700 hospitals nationwide that offer maternity services, we identified 237 that earned recognition among the Best Hospitals for Maternity,” said Ben Harder, managing editor and chief of health analysis at U.S. News & World Report.
Join Our Mailing LIst