CHHSM Book Group
CHHSM's next Together We Learn discussion group via Zoom will focus on the critically acclaimed book Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson. This will be our fifth "Together We Learn" offering.
We chose this book because during the UCC’s General Synod this summer, CHHSM co-sponsored the Valerie E. Russell Lecture and Luncheon where Stevenson was the keynote speaker. Bryan Stevenson, the author of Just Mercy, is also a lawyer and activist who founded the Equal Justice Initiative, the Legacy Museum, and National Memorial for Peace and Justice in Alabama.
The group will meet every other Tuesday for one hour (1:00pm-2:00pm ET/12:00pm-1 :00pm CT/10 :00am-11:00am PT) from late August to early December for seven sessions:
- Sept. 12: Introduction to the Material and Welcome
- Sept. 26: Introduction, Chapters 1 and 2
- Oct. 10: Chapters 3, 4, 5
- Oct. 24: Chapters 6,7,8
- Nov. 7: Chapters 9, 10, 11
- Nov. 21: Chapters 12, 13, 14
- Dec. 5: Chapters 15, 16, Epilogue
Like all of our Together We Learn programs, it is free, online, and you are not required to attend every session.
If you are interested, here is what to do:
- Get a copy of the book.
- Sign up for the group below, and we will send you calendar invitations for the group with Zoom instructions.
We hope you will join us as Together We Learn!