Be the Church
CHHSM ministries are at the heart of what it means to be the church, providing services large and small that make a huge difference in people’s lives.
Michael J. Readinger
President and CEO, CHHSM
CHHSM Ministries are the hands and feet of Christ – healing, caring, advocating, serving and educating on behalf of the United Church of Christ.
Together, CHHSM’s more than 400 health and human service programs and communities:
- Provide $1 billion in uncompensated, charitable care.
- Operate facilities with 13,111 beds providing acute and skilled nursing care.
- Operate 3,517 assisted-living units for the elderly and people with disabilities.
- House 33,873 people in subsidized and market rate independent living units.
- Provide community-based ambulatory health care to over 2.2 million people.
- Care for 29,348 children in residential and non-residential treatment programs.
- Provide services to over 350 people with developmental disabilities.