Be the Church
“Michael J. Readinger
CHHSM ministries are at the heart of what it means to be the church, providing services large and small that make a huge difference in people’s lives.
President and CEO, Council for Health and Human Service Ministries
CHHSM Ministries are the hands and feet of Christ – healing, caring, advocating, serving and educating on behalf of the United Church of Christ.
Together, CHHSM’s more than 400 health and human service ministries:
- Provide $857 million in uncompensated, charitable care.
- Operate facilities with 9,309 beds providing acute and skilled nursing care.
- Operate 2,906 assisted-living units for the elderly and people with disabilities.
- House 21,001 people in subsidized and market rate independent living units.
- Provide community-based ambulatory health care to 5.3 million people.
- Care for 1,522 children in residential treatment facilities.
- Provide non-residential services to 13,036 children, youth and families.
- Provide adoption and foster care placements for 973 children.
- Provide services to 398 people with developmental disabilities.