System Vice President, Mission & Spiritual Care: Advocate Health
System Vice President Mission & Spiritual Care, Advocate Health Midwest
Location: Chicago area or Greater Milwaukee area
Provides consultation, assistance, support and monitoring to ensure that the organization’s mission, values, and purpose are integrated into the region’s operations and decision-making processes. In partnership with other leaders, develops educational programs and processes that strengthen the system’s value driven leadership.
- Provides executive direction and oversight to the mission and spiritual care functions throughout the region’s acute and ambulatory sites of care, and physician practices.
- Provides executive oversight to the region’s clinical ethics function, providing guidance in addressing ethical responses to complex health care situations and issues, and oversees the region’s ethical discernment within organizational decision making.
- Oversees the region’s ongoing role as a corporate citizen.
- Oversees the region’s relationship with its church sponsors and the numerous faith communities with which it interacts throughout a variety of service areas. Serves as staff lead to the legacy Advocate Health Care Network’s Mission and Spiritual Care Committee, and convener of quarterly meetings with key middle judicatory leaders and region and board leadership. Serves as key liaison to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America’s Lutheran Services in America organization and the United Church of Christ’s Council on Health and Human Service Ministries
- Provides executive oversight of region-wide Clinical Pastoral Education Programs.
- Provides executive oversight of the region’s Teammate Crisis Fund
- Provides executive support along with Safety and Risk leaders and others to ensure timely and transparent disclosure of serious safety events
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the organization’s Code of Ethical Conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the organization.
- Responsible for taking an active leadership role in non-profit or community-based organizations by providing community service hours or serving in professional organizations. Also, encourages team members to participate in these same community activities.
- Collaborates with spiritual Care leadership of the Southeast Region of Advocate Health to share best practices and promote consistency across the organization.
- Master of Divinity degree required.
- Minimum 10years of senior level religion and mission effectiveness experience.
- Five (5) years of which are as an executive in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Ordained clergy with denominational endorsement. Evangelical Church in America (ELCA) or United Church of Christ (UCC) preferred or full communion partners of the ELCA/UCC.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ and their respective social ministry organizations.
- Knowledge of issues facing healthcare and their impact and relationship to faith communities.
- Ability to relate to church leaders at the national, middle judicatory, and congregational level.
- Ability to relate to a variety of stakeholders and constituents within the organization and throughout the communities it serves.
Interested parties can apply online using the URL below or send resumes to [email protected]
Join Our Mailing LIst