Food Coordinator – Food Education and Sustainable Table (FEAST) section
Type of Work
FEAST (Food Education and Sustainable Table)
Produce food and share harvests at the table-a daily job that is the basis of the Asia Rural around 15 countries, volunteers and staff members together surround the dining table. We would like you to go beyond just providing food, and work one step further and realize that it is an important part of the training.
※ There is detailed explanation from the present staff on the back side.
- Applicants agrees on Asian Rural Institute’s Mission
- Applicants who can conduct administrative affairs both in English and Japanese.
- Basic computer skills – proficiency in Word, Excel etc.
- Priority will be given to those who is over the age of 25 and under the age of 45, and who can make a long-term commitment.
- ARI’s foundation is rooted in Christianity, and most of the staff and participants are Christians. ARI prefers applicants who has understanding in Christianity. who can relate to and work well in such a place.
- Experience working in diverse communities.
- Experience managing staff and volunteers.
- Experience with curriculum design, experiential education, and reflective practice.
- Experience with and understanding of religious tradition.
- Experience in ARI.
- Agricultural / Rural Experience
- Japanese communication skills are advantageous to communicate with Japanese society.
- Obtain driver’s license, dietitian or cook license.
- ARI’s salary is based on the salary scale of public high school teachers in Japan.
- Medical: Japanese Private School Insurance.
- Pension available to qualified applicants.
- Housing assistant, Family Allowance.
- Additional home leave for overseas applicants.
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of motivation both in English and Japanese. (less than two pages, A4 size)
- Letter of reference from an employer, volunteer organization, church or similar.
Ms. Kaori Sakuma, ARI General Manager, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: August 31, 2019（please email documents by this date）
Date of Interview:
To be informed later
Start of Contract
April 1, 2020 (If someone who can start work from Feb or Mar is welcomed)
Asian Rural Institute
442-1 Tsukinokizawa, Nasushiobara