Director of Nursing: Good Samaritan Home
Located in Southern Indiana in a park-like setting, Good Samaritan Home provides a family-like atmosphere by sharing Christian love and concern for our residents and our employees. Providing exceptional resident care is the foundation of our Home. We are seeking a self-motivated, passionate and caring Director of Nursing to join our family.
The ideal candidate would meet the following criteria:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing (RN) from an accredited college or university required. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a director/supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility.
- Minimum of 12 months of training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a minimum of intermediate level expertise with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail and multi-tasking abilities.
- Must exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness with a commitment to maintaining confidentiality in all matters.
- Ability to make decisions autonomously in anticipation of needs.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Thorough knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc that are necessary for providing quality care.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Nursing department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern this long-term care Home.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update as necessary/required the written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the Nursing department.
- Maintain a reference library of written nursing material (i.e., PDR’S, Federal and State Regulations, etc.) that will assist the Nursing department in meeting the day-to-day needs of the resident.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the Nursing department.
- Participate in Home surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies and any necessary plan of correction.
- Develop and implement a Nursing organizational structure and assist with determining the staffing needs/staffing ratios of the Nursing department necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents.
We recognize that our employees are at the heart of achieving our mission. For this reason, we at Good Samaritan Home continually take on the challenge of creating a comprehensive, low or no cost benefit package.
Benefits available to employees of Good Samaritan Home include:
- Competitive Wages with Annual Merit Increases.
- Generous Paid-Time-Off.
- FREE Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Low employee cost Health, Vision and Dental Insurance plans.
- Matching retirement plan to help you plan for the future.
- Advancement Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement.
- And many more fantastic benefits.
If you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of our residents, to provide excellent customer service and work in a family-like atmosphere, apply today at www.goodsamhome.org/careers.
Good Samaritan Home: Providing a caring community through an atmosphere of Christian love and concern. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Join Our Mailing LIst