Director of Marketing: National Benevolent Association
Since 1886, the National Benevolent Association (NBA) has served as the general ministry for health and social services of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). A faith-based, national nonprofit, the NBA works with individuals – nonprofit administrators, volunteer leaders, lay and clergy – and nonprofit organizations to strengthen and transform communities.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Marketing and working with the NBA executive leadership team, the Director of Marketing will be expected to establish and implement a comprehensive and effective coordinated marketing and communications effort for the NBA, including research, planning and implementation at a variety of levels and in a variety of markets.
The Director of Marketing must have the ability to think strategically and act tactically to develop, analyze, manage and execute all marketing and communication functions of the NBA, keeping in priority the NBA’s covenant relationship as a general ministry organization for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
The Director of Marketing will be expected to develop and implement effective strategies appropriate for all of our primary audiences. These strategies will include but not be limited to all media and venues (digital, print, electronic, programs, events and others), with the stated goals of building brand recognition and increasing program engagement and development support for the organization.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, and/or equivalent relevant professional experience required; Minimum three years of communications and/or marketing experience with an organizational brand; writing sample, portfolio, and/or project assignments may be requested throughout the application process;
- Self-directed and goal-oriented, as informed by organizational needs and mission; able to prioritize and multi-task meeting deadlines and a demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities. Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work independently without close oversight, take initiative, and contribute ideas for enhancing performance;
- An optimistic outlook and the humor, integrity and patience necessary to work within a transformative environment;
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission, values and goals of NBA and knowledge and understanding of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination, and the covenantal relationship with NBA;
- The ability and willingness to travel and this position requires approximately 30% travel time.
- Work in a variety of settings and at a variety of meetings, working alone at times and with diverse groups at other times.
- Can be deployed and not required to be based in St. Louis.
- Travel required approximately 30% of work time.
- Extensive use of technology required and proficiency in this necessary.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job include, but are not limited to: 1) the ability to communicate in person, on the telephone, and in front of large groups of people; 2) the ability to meet a travel schedule that includes managing luggage of up to 50 lbs; 3) occasional need to lift marketing and work materials, 40 lbs or less.
Please submit resume and cover letter in PDF form to Rev. Dani Loving Cartwright, NBA Vice President of Operations, at (subject line: Director of Marketing Search) by Monday, November 18, 2019.