Director of Client Services: Back Bay Mission
Back Bay Mission is looking for a Director of Client Services. Back Bay Mission is located on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in Biloxi, Mississippi. This is an exciting time for Back Bay Mission as we celebrate 100 years of service to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We serve those who are homeless, living in poverty, and those who volunteer with us seeking to help make systemic change. We are a nationally recognized faith-based non-profit that has always been agile and willing to address the most critical needs of underserved populations.
Role: Mid-Management position charged with ensuring that established program direction is carried out and implemented by program staff in line with the Vision and Mission of Back Bay Mission and strategic priorities.
The Director of Client Services works on-site and is tasked to oversee and supervise director service programs and case managers, ensuring programs are operating according to our Mission Statement. This position operates from within the Micah Day Center, our day drop-in center for person’s experiencing homelessness.
Salary Range: $52,000 plus fully covered health insurance and a generous pension.
Candidate Profile: The ideal Director of Client Services would have a master’s degree in Social Work, non-profit Management, divinity or other related field or experience.
The ideal candidate would have strong organizational and leadership skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills. The ability to read, develop, comprehend, and operate within a budget is a must. Grant writing and monitoring is a requirement. This individual must be able to multi-task, remain calm and centered, and be able to defuse sometimes challenging interactions that arise with Micah Day Center guests.
This candidate should be a team player and have a natural curiosity and creative spirit.
This individual would also need a strong collaborative spirit and the ability to be a strong spokesperson for Back Bay Mission and advocate for the populations we serve when and where required.
- Strong non-profit management skills, including human resources, program development, and financial oversight
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- High level administrative skills, able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Consistent attentiveness to details as well as to the interconnectedness between programs and other functions of the agency
- Ability to read, develop, and comprehend budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with all constituents.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office applications
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate team leaders of the following Back Bay Mission programs: Emergency Assistance, Home At Last (HAL), Emergency Solution Grant (ESG). Supervise Community Health Workers. Hire, supervise, and evaluate Micah Day Center staff: Day Center Coordinator, Day Center Assistant, and Day Center Case Manager
- Recommend new personnel positions to the Executive Director in accordance with long and short-range plans and ministry priorities of BBM, relative to the above-mentioned programs
- Finance & Development
- Monitor spending of programs under this position’s supervision
- Assist in budget development relative to the programs under this position’s oversight
- Assist grant-writing efforts relative to program areas under this position’s supervision (e.g., HUD and ESG) and provide for necessary reporting to government agencies and private funders
- Participate in other fund-raising activities as requested
- Community and Church Relations
- Interpret ministry of the agency to the community and wider church through personal contacts, written materials, speaking engagements, and the media as requested and appropriate
- Assist in providing overviews of the Mission’s ministry and work to campus visitors
- Maintain relationships with other appropriate professional, civic, and wider church groups as deemed relevant
- Ensure that BBM programs under the oversight of this position are true to the vision and mission of the agency and are acting consistently with strategic plan of organization
- Provide for periodic evaluation of programs under the oversight of this position
- Provide broad oversight to the Day Center for the Homeless
- Recruit and nurture relationships with social service provider ‘partners’ and manage a schedule of their participation in the Day Center program
- Convene the Day Center program team as needed
- Supervise volunteers assigned to the Day Center and Administration Building with ESG, EA and Food Pantry.
- Maintain accurate personnel records of those employees supervised by this position
- Ensure accurate statistics and reporting data from programs under the supervision of this position
- Generate reports and program data for BBM’s Board of Directors, funders, and others as requested
- Develop and maintain regular communication strategies among programs supervised by this position
- Participate in meetings of management personnel
- In the absence of the Executive Director, execute ED responsibilities
- Provide information to the Board of Directors as requested
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
How to Apply:
Contact: James Pennington, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2023.
Please provide a resume and a motivation letter.
Back Bay Mission is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Join Our Mailing LIst