November 29, 2011
In 1843, the population of Chicago was almost 9,600. For the most part, the city, as it is known today, was wide open prairieland. At the corner of Orchard and Kemper, a new church was being built—St. Pauls United Church of Christ. That congregation would become the founding fathers and mothers of what is now St. Pauls House, part of Lutheran Life Communities.